October 21, 2013

Review: Sedona Lace 88 Matte Color Palette!


It came in the mail this week and let me tell it - boy was it ever packages safely! It was in a slim box (I ordered two different palettes) and it had not only packing peanuts, but large bubble wrap wrapped around the two palettes about 10 times, then each palette was individually wrapped in smaller bubble wrap and then inside the box of each palette the black slim package was safely in its own pocket of bubble wrap. No. Joke. "Pics or it doesn't count?" Yeah if you want them, I can totally get you them! ;)


Now onto this palette of course! This was my first time trying our the SL brand and though their brushes weren't in my budget for the week, their palettes were! They had a big sale with 40% of all palettes and I was able to snag this one for $11.37, 40% off their regular $18.95 price. I figured for 88 shadows that was definitely a nice deal. And it was the Sedona Lace name, a brand widely heard across the YouTube platform! Below are the 88 colors (yes the photo is a little foggy but it's what I was working with at 4:00 in the morning, k?) featured in the matte palette. Now, not all of these are matte so I was a little confused as to why I had gunmetal and silver and even a few glitters in there but I am certainly not complaining because they are beautiful colors!


I would have to say some of my favorites ended up being the metallic ones! They have amazing pigmentation (except the silver one) and they go on very smooth. I swatched the colors with a flat shader brush and with my fingertip to see if the color payoff was different but they applied virtually the same so my swatches were made with my finger. Out of the colors I can say I love the matte black, the shimmery metallics, and the neutrals. The brights of course aren't really for everyday looks for myself so I'll be using them when needed but that's exactly why I got this palette. I wanted some bright fun colors in one place so when I was up for costume makeup or a pop of color I'd have a wide selection to choose from - and that I do!

What I Swatched: matte black, a matte green, a metallic gold/bronze/silver,
a matte pink, a glitter blue, a glitter coral, and a metallic copper.

As far as the regular price of the palettes with Sedona Lace, I would never buy them at full price because you can always grab them on sale! Like I said, I picked mine up for 40% off and I even found a $5 off my order code from perusing the internet. So take a look at what they have to offer and if you're looking a palette with creamy shadows that have great pigmentation this is definitely a winner! The 88 count palettes come in "warm," "ultra shimmer," "matte," and "metal" tones at $18.95-$22.95 US regular price.

Thanks for stopping by!
xo K

Sedona Lace 88 Matte Palette - Free shipping on orders of $50+ with 50FREE code!
All Sedona Lace Shadow Palettes

No comments:

Post a Comment