January 7, 2014

Try-It-Out Tuesdays: Burt's Bees Lip Balms


Good afternoon everyone! Today at the Cupcake Blondie I'm testing out a new series. It's a new year and I'm hoping to get a regular schedule with the blog and even more videos this year! So I've decided to make a fun little blog you can always look forward to on Tuesdays!

In today's "episode" I'll be talking about Burt's Bees lip balms!


I recently picked up these two balms at my Walgreens for a great deal! I realize I get a lot of my cosmetics with coupons or on sale and I figured some of you might enjoy those details in case they're still available in your area!

Walgreens:
  • Burt's Bees lip balms - On sale for $3.29
  • Buy 2 get $2 Walgreens Rewards (2,000 points)
  • Manufacturer Coupon - $1.50 off each

I ended up buying 2 for $1.79 each ($3.58) and getting back $2 in rewards on my Walgreens card! So essentially, I bought them both for $1.58! Can't beat that! (Unless it's free, free always beats that!)


I first had a scary experience with Burt's Bees a few years ago when I tried their "honey" flavored balm. Whatever you do... DON'T. TRY. IT. Please take my advice. It tastes like urine, no joke! So when I finally got the guts to try this brand out again I was SO nervous!

I seriously have no clue how they NAILED this flavor combo, but they did! Oh my goodness, this lip balm is EXACTLY what it says: blueberry and chocolate! It smells heavenly and I can't help but continually smell my lips throughout the day. I know, that may sound weird, but if you get this one you'll see what I mean!

Now when it comes to the "revitalizing" aspect of this balm, I'm not sure what I'm really supposed to be looking for. Essentially, I reach for chapsticks and balms because I get very chapped lips very fast! So I'm using them as a form of relief and hydration. I've been using both these balms for a week now so any long term effects aren't going to be detected yet.


Next up we have the Nourishing balm! This one is the one I reach for most often! I am obsessed with all tropical fruity cosmetics and this mango balm is so yummy! I probably lick my lips more than I am supposed to all because of this balm! It is nourishing, and luckily I can distinguish that after short use. Very hydrating and leaves my lips refreshed.

One thing I love to get my hands on is anything organic or natural in the cosmetic industry. Burt's Bees products are 100% natural so you know EXACTLY what you're putting on your body! I have never had a reaction to their products and I am looking forward to continuing trying out their stock. Overall I am SO happy I tried these because the honey flavored balm just scared me to death! These two balms are so yummy, super hydrating, and a great price!

Question of the day: What do you want to see me review?
Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment