January 12, 2014

Tutorial: Naked 3 Natural

It is time! Time for a Naked 3 tutorial! Hopefully if you wanted this palette you were able to get your hands on it! My lovely family snagged it for me as a Christmas gift and I was so excited! This look is a lighter wearable look versus a deep sultry look. I hope you leave your feedback in the comments or on a social network!

Products listed at the end!




Freshly moisturized with my favorite facial moisturizer, the DG Dry Skin Cream ("compare to Ponds")!


I've been really liking this primer. It's a great price at only $6 and you can find it at Target, KMart, and online at the eyeslipsface website!


I then applied my foundation with my damp TJMaxx Beauty Blender dupe. It spreads out my foundation SO well since I have super dry skin. Since it's wet and you're dabbing the product on it doesn't aggravate those dry patches! Love using this tool for foundation.


I applied my lash growth serum before m eye primer and pulled out the big boy we're focusing on here: the Naked 3 palette!


I used Strange for my highlight, Dust and Buzz for the lid, and Limit as my transition/crease color.


Here are the eyes with highlight and lid colors applied!


I'm blending the color Limit here into my crease to mesh the lid and highlight together flawlessly. 


If you can see here, I have the lighter shimmer on the inside of the lid and the deeper shimmer on the outer corner!


I actually turned Blackheart from a black shadow into a deep purple color by very lightly using this in the outer-V and under the lower lashes. I don't know how I did it, but I did and I was SO proud that I ended up turning it into a whole new color!


A check in photo!


I applied the color Buzz under the lower lashes to add some emphasis!



And finally I also dragged the Blackheart color to the edge of the lower lashes for a smokey look. I did NOT pick up much product at all! I just tapped the brush into the color and tapped off the excess to keep it soft.


And the eyeshadow is complete! :)


I wanted a pop of color in this neutral look so I added a plum-toned liner to the bottom lash line and waterline. I smudged the liner using that pencil brush from earlier.



I used my favorite flesh-toned liner to the inner corner to really brighten up that area! I smudged it a bit so it wasn't harsh.


It may not seem like a huge step, but applying a light color to that inner tear duct area really bring light to your eyes and brightens it up! You don't need to point out my CRAZY brows either. In editing this they were driving me bonkers! We're fixing them now...



Voila! Much better!


Same concealer routine you see me do a lot! Match2Cover concealer under the eyes! Today I DON'T set the cream products with powder. I've noticed since I am dry using powder isn't helping keep the dry away this winter. Some days I'll use it if my skin is super hydrated but if it's a little thirsty, I skip that step.


I picked up this mascara at my dollar store for a steal and guess what, it will certainly be making an appearance in a few weeks in a post if you know what I'm hinting at...


And these are the eyes 100% done! I am LOVING this look so much! I'm a very neutral kind of girl and the rosey tones in the Naked 3 are right up my alley!


Blush, check! Highlight, check! Bronzer in January?! Yepp, I did it! And the Sunny bronzer from NYC is amazing!


I went for a very subtle cheek look so I bronzed the face (didn't contour) and added a little bit of glow to the cheeks. I didn't want anything overpowering since the eyes were what I wanted to focus on. If you look at earlier photos you'll see the difference that bronzer makes at warming up the complexion.


I lined my lips with this neutral liner...


...and doubled up on lip products! I wanted a deeper berry color with the cranberry balm and then toned it down with a nude gloss.


Here are the lips! Nice and natural looking without being "naked."


A flawless face that's is wearable for any time of day and any place! Work, school, interview, going out to lunch - you name it! If you recreate the look let me know and tag me on my social networks!


DG Dry Skin Cream Moisturizer
e.l.f. Mineral Primer
TJMaxx Beauty Blender Dupe
Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation in 810 Classic Ivory
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Growth Serum
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

  • Strange (highlight)
  • Limit (transition color)
  • Dust (inner corner/inner lid)
  • Buzz (mid and outer lid, under eye)
  • Blackheart (deepening the crease and under eye)

Rimmel Exaggerate Liner in Aubergine
NYX Wonder Pencil in Light
Essence Brow Pencil in Blonde
Essence Match2Cover Concealer
e.l.f. Small Stipple Brush
L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
NYX Blush in Pinched
Wet n Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow
NYC Bronzer in Sunny
Wet n Wild Coloricon Lip Liner in Willow
Jordana Twist and Shine Balm in Cranberry Crush
Maybelline Color Elixir in 060 Nude Illusion
NYX Dewy Finishing Spray (not pictured)

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment