November 24, 2013

Current Favorites as of November 2013

LIP PRODUCT: Wet n Wild "Bare It All" Matte Lipstick
MASCARA: NYC Instant Lash
CONCEALER: Essence Match 2 Cover
SHADOW: Sedona Lace 28 Warm Palette and e.l.f. Mineral Shadow in "Angelic"
LINER: Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeliner in "Black Black"
BLUSH: NYX Blush in "Pinched"
HAIR PRODUCT: Biolage Hydratherapie Ultra-Hydrating Balm



My favorite color this season is my nude lipstick from Wet n Wild. I reach for the shade "Bare It All" almost daily unless I'm doing something really funky or bold. It is a perfect nude color that isn't too pink nor too brown. It can be paired under a pretty gloss, too, to add a little touch of color if you want it a little pinker. At only $1.99 at KMart it's totally worth it!


This next mascara might seem simple, but sometimes that's all you want when you have a bold and bright shadow color. The NYC Instant Lash mascara has the perfect basic brush and separates every lash. Mine dried out a but though after a month but at only a buck a pop it's so worth it! It lengthens and separates my lashes and makes them feathery and wispy. If you're looking for definition and length this is worth a try!


As you've noticed, I am really diggin' my Essence Match 2 Cover concealer! The right side is a lighter tone and it matches my skin perfectly! It also adds a little bit of light to my under eyes when I conceal my little veins. It's purpose is to give you two tones that you can customize together to match your perfect shade. I'm happy I don't have to do any guess work since one side is perfect for my skin tone! I picked mine up from Ulta in store but it's also available online for $3.49!



I have been reaching for my Sedona Lace warm palette every time I do a day-to-day look. If I'm using browns, I always use this palette. I may only use one color or I might do the entire look with the palette, but either way I'm in love with it! It has the most perfect shades of browns and neutrals for any look! The pigmentation on the shimmer shadows is so silky! The matte ones not so much - they can be powdery and some of the lighter shades aren't too pigmented. But overall as a palette for everyday it is amazing! I got mine when they had a 40% sale on the Sedona Lace website. It is presently out of stock, but check back!


Also on my favorites list for eyeshadows is the e.l.f. Mineral Shadow in Angelic. It is so snowy with a silvery glow! It is my go to for anything wintery this month! At only $3.00 you will absolutely get more bang for your buck! It's the perfect inner corner, all over lid, and bold highlight for the icy tutorials I'm planning this December. And if applied lightly it adds the just right amount of shimmer to a matte shade. They have 26 shades available on their website!



It's only a dollar but it does better than my more expensive liners! The Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeliner is the best pencil liner you'll ever find! No tugging and pulling on your delicate eye area. It's super pigmented! And it's so soft and buttery. It applies super smoothly, too. I love using it for dark black smudged liner. Any color is amazing though! I have a lipliner as well that is the same formula. Sometimes you will need to hunt down Wet n Wild but you should find it in 99% of your retailers (one of the Walmarts near me does NOT carry the brand but the other two do). You can always find it online when in doubt!


NYX has been impressing me with every product I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot! I found this NYX blush on Amazon on sale and I love it! It has just a TINY amount of shimmer in it so it isn't overpowering. It's also a build-able blush. If you apply it lightly you get a subtle flush of color. But if you choose to build it up you can get a rich deep pink look, too! I also love the packaging - the studded look is just edgy and I totally dig it. 

(Yes, that is the same blush - I just built the color up to change the intensity.)

I have been waiting for this time of year for the amazing packaged bundles of hair care products! I have a stylist friend who was so kind to go into our local Salon Centric and pick up both the 32 oz. giant bottle of shampoo and this 16.9 oz. balm for $15! Thanks, Lauren! The Biolage Hydratherapie Ultra-Hydrating Balm is so amazing for every hair type! It hydrates, repairs, softens... perfect! You can find it at drugstores for a pretty penny but if you have a salon friend who can go into those cosmetologist-only shops they have amazing deals! Also, check your hair salons in the mall and shopping plazas because they also have awesome Christmas package deals on Biolage! At any rate, if you end up paying the full retail for it you are still getting exactly what you pay for! This is my all time favorite line of hair care to tend to my bleached locks!


What did you recently fall in love with this month, see what I did there? I want to hear it in the comments! Don't forget, I'm on Facebook! Check it out and "like" the page! I'm going to be doing a giveaway when I get a certain number of blog followers and Facebook likes! Thanks for reading!

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment