November 13, 2013

Tutorial: Mossy Smokey Eye, Nude Lips, Pink Cheeks

I posted a photo last night of my gunmetal smokey eye before going out to dinner and I got a TON of likes on Facebook! So here's the same look but with a mossy green pigment instead of gunmetal. Enjoy! If you like it, PLEASE let me know! Thanks readers. Love you all. xo


First, start with a fresh face! I began my look with my highlight color which is Brulee from Wet n Wild! Add your light highlight color to right under your brow to lift your eye a bit.


I also used a few colors from my Sedona Lace 28 Warm Palette. I used the color labeled "B" for the crease as my transition color before the pigment goes on. (I used "A" as the mahogany color I add to the outer V later in the tutorial and of course "C" to smudge my lower lash liner. You'll see.)


Once I had my base tones on my eyes, I added some I Love Stage shadow base by Essence to my lids and lower lash line. This stuff is amazing! I was able to pick mine up at Ulta for a steal! Essence is an affordable brand and delivers amazing quality! This shadow base is a must-have in your collection. TRUST ME! ;)


A big thank you to my dear friend Cecilia for letting me buy some makeup off her. I used this e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow in Earthy for my all over lid color. It is super shimmery and such a pretty mossy color.


Use a flat shader brush to press the pigment on your lid. Pat it on all over THEN you can swipe lightly to blend it a bit. With loose pigments you want to always pat first then gently blend out. This will assure the best intensity with your colors.


I can make silly faces, can't I? I took m NYC trio in West Vintage and used the dark green to apply into my crease and deepen the look up a bit. I used an e.l.f. eyeshadow brush for this.


The second color I used to deep the color was that mahogany from the Sedona Lace palette. Just play with browns and greens to adjust the intensity to how you want it! No look is off limits! And with a remover wipe I sharpened the edge to be a nice harsh angle to match my winged liner later.


I applied my FAVORITE product right now - Urban Decay Naked Illuminated - to the inner corner to brighten up the look and add a dash more of shimmer. :)


Again, I used a flat shader brush to apply that inner highlight.


Tame those brows, giiirl! My favorite clear lash gel in from Essence.


Taking my Wet n Wild Coloricon liner in Black Black I lined my waterline and smudged it messily under my lower lashes. Then with the black matte shadow in my Sedona Lace palette I smudged it to give it a smokey look. If it gets a little crazy, use your makeup remover wipe to remove any fallout and excess under your eyes.


I then used my e.l.f. cream liner in Black and the e.l.f. small angled brush to make my wing and line my upper lash line. Then a quick few coats of NYC Instant Lash black mascara to the upper and lower lashes to really add some va-va-voom to my eyes! I LOVE this mascara if you're look for extremely separated eyelashes. It has the PERFECT basic brush to separate each lash and make them look really long.


Another fabulous Essence product, the Match 2 Cover concealer goes under my eyes and those spots where it's a little redder than I'd like. In that last photo you can see on the left I have concealed, on the right I didn't. The right is a bit more pink. I have lots of baby veins all over my under eye area and I personally can't stand them so I love this concealer to lightly cover them right up!


Set that concealer with a translucent powder! For me, I used my e.l.f. powder and a Real Techniques contouring brush which is PERFECT for under the eyes. Make sure to get all over your face - this powder is a matifying powder so I use it all over to get rid of that annoying shine.


BLUSH TIME! Let's rose up those cheeks! I used NYX Pinched blush. Apply it to the apples first and then use the other side of the brush to really blend it out and up towards your ears. Really focus on blending it well to make sure there aren't any harsh lines.


Using that Naked Illuminated again as my highlight I lightly dust it on the tops of my cheeks ABOVE the blush with my small fan brush. Then using a clean fat blush brush I blend it into the blush to reduce any harsh lines.


My e.l.f. lip exfoliator is so yummy! It's a sugar scrub - almost like a balm with sugar in it - and it makes my lips perfectly smooth. I used Wet n Wild Bare It All matte lipstick. I didn't want a crazy bright or deep color for my lips to draw away from the eyes.


Finish that lip off with a gloss! In my case I used NYX butter gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie. If you haven't tried NYX butter glosses you really should. They're a little sticky but the smell is SO amazing!


Finish it off with a setting spray - I used NYX dewy setting spray.


And bam! You've got a sexy, smokey eye! If you decide to do this look, please send pictures! Thanks for reading!

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment