December 14, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Dark Green

Day four of the 12 Days of Christmas is all about dark green eyes! This is a great look for any eye color, especially hazel and brown!

Check out the Facebook page to stay up to date with the latest news! 2014 is going to be an amazing year so get ready with me to ring in the New Year! If you recreate any looks from the blog, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #cupcakeblondie! Leave feedback on the Facebook or in the comments!




Here's something new! I'm using a BB cream to give me a light coverage. I find it's easiest for me to blend with my fingers instead of a brush due to the warmth of my hand.


Using a primer, I applied it all over my lid and added in my highlight color heavily.


You'll want a few different shades of green for this look. I used two from the Sedona Lace 88 Matte Palette.


I applied a dark green to the lid leaving a small amount empty on my inner lid for a lighter shade. I'm trying out my Sedona Lace brushes! Hoping to get more use out of them for an accurate review. :) Now apply the lighter green on the inner corner covering the dark green to fade them together.


I'm using an NYC trio for the darkest, shimmery green. I love this color!


Apply the darkest green to the outer corner and wing it up and out for added drama. THIS CAN BE SLOPPY! We're going to blend it out!


I am loving my new blending brush! Since it's a very harsh line dividing the highlight from the green, you'll want to take your time blending and get the green to fade into the highlight. After this step I added a bit more Brulee to m brow bone.


I also used my blending brush to add this shimmer to the lid.



Try using a silver or white pigment to the inner corner and under eye for a pop of sparkle. I love this e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow. You've seen it in a LOT of my tutorials lately!


Here are the eyes all shadow'ed up!


Using a cream liner, I made an extremely dramatic wing. Since we're only using one color on the lid, I wanted to add more interest with a dark black liner and a super big wing. You can totally tailor this however you're comfortable.



It took me a long time to master a wing on my own eyelids so if it takes you a while keep trying! I probably practiced 100 times before I finally nailed it!


I lined the bottom of my lashes with a simple black pencil liner.


Add mascara to the top and bottom and you're done! Unless you want to add false lashes! Be my guest.


I used m Match2Cover concealer and set it with translucent powder! I also chose a mauve blush to keep my face color muted. I didn't want a bright pink or anything too sparkly.


I wanted just the flush of color to the apples of my cheeks for this look. I also added a little Naked Illuminated to the tops of my cheeks for a subtle highlight.


I also used a mauve lipstick to keep my cheeks and lips in the same shade.


A tutorial isn't complete without a Nicki Minaj shot, right? Seal that lipstick with some gloss - I used NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie for added shine.


And the look is complete! I hope you like!



I hope you have an awesome weekend and are getting in the spirit for Christmas and the holidays! Leave your feedback below and I will talk to you all later! I love you all - thanks for subscribing!

PRODUCTS USED:
Maybelline BB Cream in Light
Essense I Heart Stage Primer
Sedona Lace 88 Matte Palette

NYC HD Color Trio in West Vintage
e.l.f. Cream Liner in Black

Wet n Wild Coloricon Pencil Liner in Black Black
e.l.f. Lash Curler
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara
essence Match 2 Cover Concealer
e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve 
e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator
e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Rich Red
Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in Mauve Outta HereNYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment