December 2, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Plum and Grey Smokey Eye

Day 2 of the 12 Days of Christmas tutorial series! Today we're working with a sexy plum and charcoal grey eye with lots of sparkle! THE MORE SPARKLE THE BETTER! All of the products are listed at the end of the blog and good news! The majority of the eye was done with ONE PALETTE! And it's an e.l.f. palette I found at my Big Lots for only $3! Whatadeal! ;)

If you enjoyed today's tutorial please give it a +1! Comment on the Facebook page with what else you want to see here at the Cupcake Blondie! I'd love to chat with you! Also, follow the blog to stay up to date with me! And away we go...!


Pinned my hair back and moisturized this dry face!


I am mixin' it up today with my shadow base and used a white jumbo pencil! This is so the purple is a bit more vibrant when we apply it to the lids. Make sure to blend it out and even go up to your brow bone.


Using my 32 color palette from e.l.f. I chose the #1 purple color for the lid. Using a short shader brush I dabbed the color onto the white base until it was built up dark enough. I took it up into the crease as well. I then applied a little lighter purple pigment with shimmer to add some sparkle.


I took shade #2 and applied it to my brow bone connecting it to the purple.


Then using shade #3, a charcoal shimmery grey, I applied that between the silver and purple of my eye right above the crease. In the last phone above you will see the left side is thoroughly blended while the right side is not. I wanted it smokey so I really took my time blending the greys together to avid harsh lines.


I used a makeup remove wipe to get that straight edge on the outer corner. This time I'm using the Naked Illuminated for an added shimmer. This stuff looks peachy beige in the palette but it's actually like loose glitter once on your brush.


Taking the same blending brush I used earlier I dabbed the highlighter all over the lid and brow bone adding the glitter I wanted! You can still see the plum and grey through the sparkle!


Using my trustee black pencil liner, I rimmed both the top and bottom lash lines and waterline.


Okay so I had a "left eye smudged/right eye not smudged" comparison but in editing I literally couldn't stop going cross eyes looking at it sooooooo it's not here! But this photo of the liner is! Enjoy! ;P


What? Kelly's coloring her brows?! No! Yes I am! I wanted a crisp bold brow for this look and BAM! Here it is!


I think every man gets scared when they see this on their girl's vanity... mine does.


Curl, apply mascara, and the eyes are COMPLETE!


I wanted a bright under-eye so I used a very light concealer to add almost a highlight to my under-eye area and to conceal my tin blue veins.


I literally swatched every single blush I own to find the right one I wanted. I was looking for a soft pale pink with a little shimmer and forgot about this bad boy in the back of my blush drawer. I wanted a matte highlight and really like how it turned out in the last tutorial so I used m single eyeshadow to highlight the tops of my cheeks.


As with the cheeks, I wanted a pale pink lip as well. I reached for m Revlon Pink Pout matte lipstick and a soft matte lip cream in a pale pink color to pop that lipstick a little more.


And here is the final look! A plum and grey eye with a pale pink lip and cheek. It's adorable (in my opinion at least)! As always, Instagram your photo with the hashtag #cupcakeblondie so I can see it! And remember, if your Instagram is private I won't be able to see your recreations! Love you all and thanks for stopping by! look out for the next tutorial tomorrow!


DG Body Dry Skin Cream
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
e.l.f. 32 Color Palette
e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow in Flirty
Urban Decay Naked Illuminated
Wet n Wild Coloricon Pencil in Black Black
e.l.f. Lash Curler
Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara
essence Brow Designer in 04 Blonde
essence Match 2 Cover Concealer
e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder
Physician's Formula Sexy Glow Booster in Rose
Wet n Wild Single Shadow in Brulee
e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment