December 1, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Navy and Silver Eyes

Welcome to the first blog of my 12 Days of Christmas tutorial series! Today I'm starting you off with a navy and silver eye look! It's dramatic and perfect for New Year's Eve or any night-time party! Show me your looks on Instagram with the hashtag #cupcakeblondie! I love you all and thank you for reading! Products listed at the end. ;)


Start with a clean canvas and prime your eyes. You're going to be using pigments and dark colors so priming is a must!


You can find these NYC trios at any drugstore near you and they have some great pigment!


Take any navy eyeshadow you have and we're going to start by applying it in our crease. Don't be afraid of the dark color - we want drama with this look!


After application, here is the navy. You will also want to use the blue on the outer 2/3 of your lower lash.


Using a silver pigment, we're moving onto the lids! Use a setting spray to wet your brush to intensify the color. While your brush is damp *NOT SOAKING WET* lightly dab some pigment on your brush and PAT the color on. Don't swipe as it will clump and fall all over your cheeks. You will also want to apply this silver color to the lower lash inner corner to brighten your eye up!


Using that same palette, I used the light ice blue color for my highlight. You can use any light color for a highlight. Don't go too shimmery or glittery to draw away from your lids. You will want to stay as close to a matte color as you can.


Check-in photo time! :P


I wanted to deepen the blue and chose this e.l.f. pigment to apply over the navy in the crease.


Because the silver covered some of that navy from earlier, I applied the blue pigment and voila! It deepened my crease!


LINER TIME! I used a navy for the top and bottom lashes and then applied a black pencil liner on top to deepen the blue. With a smudging brush I smoked out the liner a bit for a little extra drama.


Fill in your brows or in my case use that clear brow gel to tame them! I curled my lashes BEFORE the mascara and then applied a generous coat of a black volumizing mascara.


To finish the look, I lined my waterline with a black pencil.


Here are the completed eyes! Super intense and I am totally digging the navy with the silver.


I used a mauve colored blush to keep it in season and this matte cream shadow for a matter highlighter. Shocker! I didn't use my Naked Illuminated this time! I wanted the drama to be on the eyes mainly so I kept my cheeks matte.


And whoa, this is a Cupcake Blondie first! I used a Wet n Wild bronzer to lightly contour my cheeks. Surprisingly, it turned out beautiful and made my cheeks pop!


I lined my lips and filled them in with a mauve lip pencil and used a nude lipstick on top. Then using a nudey-pink gloss I finished the lips! Again, wanted the focus on the eyes so I kept the lips neutral.


THIS IS THE FINISHED LOOK! I am in love with how intense the eyes are! This is especially great for someone like me who wears glasses! I know I'm not wearing them in this photo but even when they're on you can still see the drama of this eyeshadow. If you like this look, +1 it on Google! Thanks so much for reading! Stay tuned for 11 more winter looks for all your parties this month! Stay warm!


essence I Heart Stage Shadow Base
NYC Shadow Trio in 788 Blues Cafe
e.l.f. Mineral Shadow in Angelic
NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray
e.l.f. Mineral Shadow in Beachy
NYX Retractable liner in Deep Blue
Wet n Wild Coloricon Liner in Black Black
essence Clear Brow Gel
e.l.f. lash curler
Jordana Best Lash Extreme in Black
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve
Wet n Wild Single Eyeshadow in Brulee
Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer in Ticket to Brazil
Rimmel London Lip Liner in Eastend Snob
Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in Bare It All
NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment