December 14, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Red and Green

Day three of the 12 Days of Christmas series here at the Cupcake Blondie! Please bare with me as I finish my fall semester with all of these assignments! It has been a killer week attempting to work some of my scheduled work shifts AND fit in my homework during the allotted submission times. I am trying my hardest to manage all of these responsibilities and I thank you so much for your patience.

Now for the tutorial... I was requested by my friend Elizabeth on the Facebook page to try and make red and green work in an eye tutorial. You could disagree, but I think I did a bomb job! Please, if you have any fun red and green looks tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #cupcakeblondie so I can see them! Leave feedback on the Facebook or in the comments! Stay tuned for look #4 coming this week!
» xoxo «


FRESH FACE FOR THE WIN!


Use a silver cream shadow stick to prime your eyes. Apply to the lids and blend in. This will be your all over lid color so don't slap it on there.


Use a white base for where we're applying the color. In this case above the silver and under the lower lashes. I blended the white into the brow bone to make sure all color would stand out. And don't neglect the inner corner! :)


Use a true red for the next step.


Apply your red in a boomerang shape staying out of the crease but making sure the red and silver meet. If it is too harsh for you, blend it out to lessen the intensity.


We'll be using a darker green for under the lashes.


Using a tin detail brush apply the dark green to the bottom lashes on top of that white base. Bring it up into a wing so our winged liner later will have a green shadow. This part doesn't need to be 100% perfect because we'll be covering some of it up with liner.


Use a matte white for your highlight and in the inner corner.


I also used a matte black to make a "cut crease" with this look. I wanted the black to make the silver lid really stand out.


Here's a check-in shot!


Using a cream liner, make a dramatic wing on your top lash line and carefully liner your bottom lashes as well. You can choose how thick or thin you want your liner - I decided on an average thickness since the lashes I choose are even more dramatic.


Curl your top lashes before applying your mascara!


What? Kelly isn't using Jordana Best Lash Extreme? Nope! I am using a more subtle mascara since I really just want to coat my lashes and make them black. Since I am using falsies I want just a touch of black to the lashes so they blend better.


Here are my lashes without falsies. You can stop here if you aren't into the fake lash look.


I used those lashes I found at TJMaxx last month and applied the bottom pair (the ones that are thicker on the edges and shorter towards the inner corner).


Va-va-va-VOOM! There's a big difference in false lashes and my real ones!


Ssame old same old... conceal and apply a translucent matifying powder to set the concealer.


For this look I wanted a neutral highlight so I chose a new one you haven't seen yet! I went with a deeper pink blush and applied it very lightly. Make sure to really blend out that blush so that it isn't too dramatic.


And what's a Christmas red and green look without a red lip? I lined and filled in my lips with a matte lip pencil and went over top with a matte lipstick.


And here's the finished look! I was pleasantly surprised just how well this look came out. And it was even prettier in person! I just might use this for Christmas day, who knows! Thanks for reading and stopping by again!

IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST, PLEASE SUBMIT IT VIA THE FACEBOOK PAGE LINKED IN THE TOP PARAGRAPH. Don't forget to follow my social media places to stay in the know! See you beauties next time for look #4!



Jordana Eye Fixation Shadow in Opal Obsession
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Sedona Lace 88 Matte Palette
e.l.f. Cream Liner in Black
e.l.f. Lash Curler
Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara
Dramatic False Eyelashes
Ardell Lash Glue
essence Brow Designer in 04 Blonde
essence Match 2 Cover Concealer
e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder
Maybelline Mineral Power Illuminator in Peach
NYX Blush in Pinched
e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator
e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Rich Red
Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in Cherry Picking

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment